Makes up one pint
- Fry up three strips of bacon
- Add cooked bacon to a clean pint sized mason jar. Trim the ends of the bacon if they are too tall to fit in the jar. Or you could go hog wild and just pile in a bunch of fried up bacon scraps.
- Optional: add crushed black peppercorns.
- Fill the jar up with vodka. Cap and place in a dark cupboard for at least three weeks.(No need to refrigerate)
- At the end of the three week resting period, place the bacon vodka in the freezer to solidify the fats. Strain out the fats through a coffee filter to yield a clear filtered pale yellow bacon vodka.
- Decant into decorative bottles and enjoy.
i will TOTALLY make Saucy Bloody Marys with those Bleu Cheese and Jalapeno stuffed olives!!!!
idea courtesy of Brownie Points